Skip to main content

Dressing for your Body Type

You know curvy divas, one important thing that we each should know is how to dress for our body type, that is, for YOUR specific body type.  I read an article on how to do this the right way!  We want to look good when we dress, correct? We want to feel good about how we look because it boosts our confidence and self-esteem!

Shape Magazine's website on shape.com, shared some great tips on how to dress and look fabulous for different body types!

 " Layer different lengths of solid colored tanks under long sleeve shirts or sweaters to elongate your silhouette."   I've always loved to layer my clothing. Not just because I live in a cold climate, because I don't!lol!  Not just because my office is freezing cold, because it is - everyday!  But because there are times when you do need to layer, for any of the two reasons I mentioned first, and because sometimes the clothing you wear might require it, for example, if you're wearing a very sheer top.  Another important reason is, it helps to elongate your body shape, or "silhouette" as the Shape article mentioned! It's good to wear a longer top too, not just a short one that will cut you off and accentuate the wrong areas of your body!

Wear your Summer Dresses with your cardigans and boots, and also with leggings.  A great idea! I find that you can wear your summer dresses with your boots for a great look, and also your leggings with boots, you can rock that look!


I love bold jewellery. Statement pieces are "to die" for, because they can really "make" an outfit! Just be sure to wear them the right way!  A rule of thumb I go by sometimes, especially for day-wear when I want to be dramatic, is to wear a statement necklace, it can be large/oversize, and so as not to be "overly done", I will wear smaller earrings, or just a plain hoop that is neither too large, or too small.




How your undergarments fits is one of the best things you can do for your body.  These days there are body shapers, body shape-liners, and other accouterments that you can wear under your clothing to have the body-shape you dream of, or at least close to it! So we don't need to walk around with our body parts (or fat) hanging out!



Just like layering, wearing a jacket or cardigan is always a good thing. Having either of these pieces in your wardrobe, is a very good style choice because you can use them to "camouflage" your body, hiding any problem areas.  For example, you can wear a body skimming dress, such as a Sheath and wear a jacket or cardigan. You hide your tummy area, and you also hide any issues with your back! The trick here though curvy divas, is in the length.  The length of the cardigan or jacket of choice should fall at your hips or below!


The Shape magazine article listed quite a few more pointers that you should read in detail!  It also talked about how to choose outerwear, such as a coat; which type of blouse to wear and how you can use your accessories to help accentuate your body even more!  These days, one of my "I've discovered it again accessory" to wear is a belt!  I'm belting everything I wear, not just my pants!

       


To read the article in Shape magazine, go to: http://www.shape.com/lifestyle/beauty-style/fall-fashion-dressing-your-body-type#

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curvy Looks: What I Wore In a Week

I like reviewing my Style-looks to see how my fashion has progressed, what clothing I intend to keep during my #Showmeyourcloset make over (more on this soon) and also just in case I have to re-think my style strategy when in work-mode. There are good days when my looks are on pointe, and those moments when I wonder what the heck was I thinking with a look that I wore! That may have happened to you as well at times curvy divas?! You know, when the clothing you wore makes you go...WTF?!  This was not how I envisioned this look. I can't wait to get home to take it off!lol! Been there, done that so many times! haha

The Look: New Year's Eve the Weddington Way

Picture this curvy divas, your friend is getting married on New Year's Eve, oh the joy! Then she asks you to be her bridesmaid, and guess what else?  No, not wear that same bouffant dress from her cousin's wedding, oh the horror.  You will be able to create your very own bridesmaid style, your way!!!! Your instructions are, since you are ready for this adventure, "You have to select from the bride's choice of dresses".   All you have to do is accessorize!!!!  This beautiful champagne lace dress from Weddington Way is the one!  Picture this, I'm thinking  monochromatic & luxe femininity . H owever, do not outshine the bride, that's always a no-no! The Weddington Way Nora Dress: A perfect choice.   Gorgeous, lace styling, monochromatic, yet luxe - you could style this many ways. Weddington Way Nora Bridesmaid dress in Champagne  Our choices: Lace gloves:   What better way to add that air of sophistication and femininity, with an oomph of lux

Vintage Vogue

In March of 2012 before I decided to create this blog, I shared my love for Vogue magazine on my d-foreverserenity blog with the article I am super-imposing below. I have this "thing" for magazines. I won't say obsession...I love the glossy pages, the colors, and usually read them from cover to cover....! I had so many magazines piled up, I had to get rid of them...and yes, regretted it the minute I did! Anyway, I'm so glad there are online choices now!!!! Takes up less place in my bedroom!lol! I have saved some of my favorite issues, and shared some style inspiration and observation below. These were my  favorite looks from a  Vogue  magazine issue from August 2006 , six years ago in the past, I know, but I have tons of mags and I love  flipping  through the pages!  These  looks are so fresh today !!  Vogue  featured the color combination of  "The  Red  is the new Black" - red being the new black at the time! Patrick Demarchelier, photographer and model