Skip to main content

Wearing Red

It's Valentine's Day again and I'm sure many of you curvy divas are wondering what to wear tonight?  Some of us have plans, but others will keep it low keyed at home...or not! Whatever you do curvy divas, I found some great suggestions on Elle.com!  They featured RED, in everything, accessories, clothing, make up, even underwear!  Here are my favorite picks!


I LOVE this dress! The silhouette is beautiful and will flatter most body types!  I checked and this item doesn't go larger than a size 12 by the designer, and they are out of this style at Neiman Marcus, however, it's a great look and you can find something similar elsewhere!  If it is too long, find a shorter length.

Rachel Pally Caftan V-neck dress - +Neiman Marcus
photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com


A fire engine red dress!!! Always great in any woman's wardrobe if she dares to wear it! This beautiful dress is also not available in larger sizes. It goes to a size 12.  This designer does make other styles that fits up to an XL.
Issa Fire Rayon Ribbed Knitted dress - @ mywardrobe.com
Photo courtesy of My Wardrobe via Elle.com




I love this top!  Can't you see yourself in this with black pants, skinny jeans or a pair of chic dressed pants?!  And yes, even a nice pencil skirt will do!

Oasis Lace Insert Dip Hem  @ oasisandotherbrands.com
Photo courtesy of Oasis via Elle.com



I don't know what it is about stripes, I just love the look of stripes on any clothing!  (so far I haven't found one I don't like)  These are red but they are still nautical looking!

Joseph Sailor Striped Jersey @ mywardrobe.com
Photo courtesy My Wardrobe via Elle.com



I'm loving my latest finds, a triple wrap around straps that I treated myself to last year.  You get the look of a bracelet and watch in one!  Here's a great looking double strap watch in red from Sasha Rhett!
Sasha Rhett Double-strap Watch @ Sasharhett.com
Photo courtesy Sasha Rhett via Elle.com





Aren't these earrings adorably cute and beautiful?!  And the designer is called Bauble Bar, get it? Baubles!lol! Cute!

Bauble Bar Ruby Burst Drop Earrings @ baublebar.com
Photo courtesy of Bauble Bar via Elle.com






These sexy looking pumps are from Michael Kors!!! What a statement wearing these would make!


KORS Michael Kors Aberly Snake-embossed Pump
 +Neiman Marcus
Photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com






This is a great looking purse. It folds over, which means it opens even wider and so isn't too small. However, don't be tempted to full it up, or you won't be able to fold it over!




Clare Vivier Fold-over Clutch @ otteny.com
Photo courtesy Otte via Elle.com




While the day at hand is already here, and you  probably have your choice of outfits already, if not, go get something.  Or you can save these tips for another time!

Read the full article and view all their choices at Elle.com: Scarlet Fever: Red Accessories and Beauty Picks


















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curvy Looks: What I Wore In a Week

I like reviewing my Style-looks to see how my fashion has progressed, what clothing I intend to keep during my #Showmeyourcloset make over (more on this soon) and also just in case I have to re-think my style strategy when in work-mode. There are good days when my looks are on pointe, and those moments when I wonder what the heck was I thinking with a look that I wore! That may have happened to you as well at times curvy divas?! You know, when the clothing you wore makes you go...WTF?!  This was not how I envisioned this look. I can't wait to get home to take it off!lol! Been there, done that so many times! haha

The Look: New Year's Eve the Weddington Way

Picture this curvy divas, your friend is getting married on New Year's Eve, oh the joy! Then she asks you to be her bridesmaid, and guess what else?  No, not wear that same bouffant dress from her cousin's wedding, oh the horror.  You will be able to create your very own bridesmaid style, your way!!!! Your instructions are, since you are ready for this adventure, "You have to select from the bride's choice of dresses".   All you have to do is accessorize!!!!  This beautiful champagne lace dress from Weddington Way is the one!  Picture this, I'm thinking  monochromatic & luxe femininity . H owever, do not outshine the bride, that's always a no-no! The Weddington Way Nora Dress: A perfect choice.   Gorgeous, lace styling, monochromatic, yet luxe - you could style this many ways. Weddington Way Nora Bridesmaid dress in Champagne  Our choices: Lace gloves:   What better way to add that air of sophistication and femininity, with an oomph of lux

Vintage Vogue

In March of 2012 before I decided to create this blog, I shared my love for Vogue magazine on my d-foreverserenity blog with the article I am super-imposing below. I have this "thing" for magazines. I won't say obsession...I love the glossy pages, the colors, and usually read them from cover to cover....! I had so many magazines piled up, I had to get rid of them...and yes, regretted it the minute I did! Anyway, I'm so glad there are online choices now!!!! Takes up less place in my bedroom!lol! I have saved some of my favorite issues, and shared some style inspiration and observation below. These were my  favorite looks from a  Vogue  magazine issue from August 2006 , six years ago in the past, I know, but I have tons of mags and I love  flipping  through the pages!  These  looks are so fresh today !!  Vogue  featured the color combination of  "The  Red  is the new Black" - red being the new black at the time! Patrick Demarchelier, photographer and model