Skip to main content

Curvy Looks: Window Shopping - Milly DesigNation - Loving Prints & Colors

This is the debut of a new feature on the blog that is called "Window Shopping".  You may have remembered me mentioning that phrase before curvy divas?  Window shopping is when you go to the mall, or to your favorite store and try on clothes, just to see what they look like, but you don't buy them on that particular trip. Most times this is usually when you are feeling bored and you want to do an activity that will not just relieve boredom, you do it to lift your mood and what a great way to cheer yourself up! You might say, well, what is the point if you're not going to buy anything?  My hubs always ask this question when I say I'm going Window Shopping!lol! My usual response is "It's a woman thing and you wouldn't understand".  However, for us and this new feature, Window Shopping will be a recognizance of sorts. It is our mission to test out these new store/designer collabs out there. Consider us your R&D! (Research & Development)

Plus, it's not just about the clothes, it is the experience of being at the Mall!  And if you love shopping you totally get it!


This is Milly DesigNation's Romper

My recent window shopping trip was in no way boring!  I deliberately took a trip to Kohl's, one of my favorite stores, to see what the collaboration with Milly DesigNation was all about. Milly DesigNation is curated for Kohl's, created and designed by designer Michelle Smith.


Celia Shatzman, a contributor for Forbes Magazine did an article on Michelle Smith asking her about her design for Kohl's and she said this about the clothing Milly DesigNation:
 “I love that DesigNation is a choose your own adventure—it was so much fun to pick a destination and be completely inspired by my surroundings,” Smith says. “I wanted to create a collection that includes elements of La Dolce Vita to make customers feel transported. Italians have a phrase—sprezzatura—an effortlessly chic way of dressing, which I kept in mind when designing. I wanted to capture that feeling; each style is easy to wear.”



Her Romper was so comfortable and stylish! I was surprised at the fit! And I felt transported on vacation immediately!




This cropped top is absolutely gorgeous both in style and the fit!  Yes, Michelle Smith's designs love your body in how it fits.




I paired the stripe cropped top with her Floral Pleated skirt.  I thought it went well together. What do you think?  You know it is OK to mix your prints!  Can you see me brunching, or at church or at a meeting? Yes!


I had to pair this new style from Jennifer Lopez, a Moto jacket with Milly's design just for the fun of it!  That is what window shopping is all about, having FUN!  

I love the style, texture and look of the DesigNation Scuba Midi Skirt. It accommodated my hips with the stretch and fit.


Doesn't JLO's Moto jacket style well with Milly's Pleated Skirt design?! I loved it!  ~Woot~



Then I paired the cropped top with her Floral Maxi Skirt. So devine!


Window Shopping Style notes -For the fit and sizes: I'm a size 18, and I am actually slightly less toned than I usually am (read I've put on some extras because of not exercising right this minute) and Milly's design in XL at Kohl's fitted me so well. Everything but the pleated skirt was a perfect fit, the waist didn't zip all the way up.  I would still purchase that skirt because it did go over my hips and zipped up enough for me to wear the tops I tried with it.  Plus after getting back to my fitness quest, that skirt would be zipping up in no time!lol!   The sizes run from XXS - XL at Kohl's.  And on her website, they go from XS/S - L (14) I am not sure if that L would fit me. But I would definitely take a chance depending on the clothing style!

You can go to the store, or shop online at Kohl's for Milly DesigNation.

You can also visit Michelle's website for her Milly design here.

She has definitely found a FANshionista in me!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curvy Looks: What I Wore In a Week

I like reviewing my Style-looks to see how my fashion has progressed, what clothing I intend to keep during my #Showmeyourcloset make over (more on this soon) and also just in case I have to re-think my style strategy when in work-mode. There are good days when my looks are on pointe, and those moments when I wonder what the heck was I thinking with a look that I wore! That may have happened to you as well at times curvy divas?! You know, when the clothing you wore makes you go...WTF?!  This was not how I envisioned this look. I can't wait to get home to take it off!lol! Been there, done that so many times! haha

The Look: New Year's Eve the Weddington Way

Picture this curvy divas, your friend is getting married on New Year's Eve, oh the joy! Then she asks you to be her bridesmaid, and guess what else?  No, not wear that same bouffant dress from her cousin's wedding, oh the horror.  You will be able to create your very own bridesmaid style, your way!!!! Your instructions are, since you are ready for this adventure, "You have to select from the bride's choice of dresses".   All you have to do is accessorize!!!!  This beautiful champagne lace dress from Weddington Way is the one!  Picture this, I'm thinking  monochromatic & luxe femininity . H owever, do not outshine the bride, that's always a no-no! The Weddington Way Nora Dress: A perfect choice.   Gorgeous, lace styling, monochromatic, yet luxe - you could style this many ways. Weddington Way Nora Bridesmaid dress in Champagne  Our choices: Lace gloves:   What better way to add that air of sophistication and femininity, with an oomph of lux

Vintage Vogue

In March of 2012 before I decided to create this blog, I shared my love for Vogue magazine on my d-foreverserenity blog with the article I am super-imposing below. I have this "thing" for magazines. I won't say obsession...I love the glossy pages, the colors, and usually read them from cover to cover....! I had so many magazines piled up, I had to get rid of them...and yes, regretted it the minute I did! Anyway, I'm so glad there are online choices now!!!! Takes up less place in my bedroom!lol! I have saved some of my favorite issues, and shared some style inspiration and observation below. These were my  favorite looks from a  Vogue  magazine issue from August 2006 , six years ago in the past, I know, but I have tons of mags and I love  flipping  through the pages!  These  looks are so fresh today !!  Vogue  featured the color combination of  "The  Red  is the new Black" - red being the new black at the time! Patrick Demarchelier, photographer and model