Skip to main content

Curvy Event: Curve Nation Brings Fashion Powerhouse to Orlando!

Guess what is happening in Orlando this weekend curvy divas? Events organizer, Curve Nation is hosting a fashion weekend of exponential proportions in the City Beautiful at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center in Orlando, July 11, 12 &14Who is Curve Nation, and what do I mean by exponential?  First, Curve Nation is an organization that hosts events geared towards plus-sized and curvy women; but not just for us curvy divas, our tall and handsome men are included as well.
Photo from: http://www.clubcurvenation.com/#!expo-2014/c18yv

After reaching out to Kimberley Dolson, I received an invite to Curve Nation's Kickoff Welcome Reception this Friday, July 11th! Of course I jumped at the opportunity.  This happening event is being lauded as Curve Nation's first Annual Plus Size Expohosted by plus model and star of Curvy Girls on NUVOtv, the fabulous Rosie Mercado.

Why did I say exponential?  Well, just look at the planned activitieswho will be making appearances and what they will be sharing with attendees to the conference and expo!  

Lifetime’s Double Divas, Molly Hopkins and Cynthia Decker of LiviRae Lingeriewill speak about breast health and how to fit our undergarments, yes, those bras can be a handful (pun intended)!  

Kelly Glover, media personality and blogger of BigCurvyLove.com and creator of the project 50 Fat Dateswill share about sex, dating and the plus size woman.

You will be able to shop, attend a pool party, a fashion show, and have a massage for your tired, but happy feet.  There will be experts on hand to offer health assessments as well, kind of like a one-stop bee-hive of activities geared to all of us!

On Saturday night, get your party on by attending Curve Nation’s Curves in Paradise Party, and a meet and greet with Rosie Mercado; CEO and Founder of Full Figured Fashion Week, Gwen DeVoe, whom I've had the pleasure of "interviewing" (by email) for an article write up I did earlier this year, will also be launching the next phase of her career at this event. This is the last year DeVoe will be presenting Full Figured Fashion Week in New York - (angels out there, I want to be at this event).  At the Expo, she will be speaking on personal branding and discussing what she has learned touring the country scouting models for Full Figured Fashion Week.  DeVoe will also be filming the first episode of her new talk show, Mogul Moments.

It is wonderful to note that Curve Nation has partnered with Dress for Success of Greater Orlando, who has a major need for work appropriate suits and separates for women sizes 14 and overA silent auction will be held and donations are being accepted. All proceeds will go to the charity.

So hop on the bandwagon curvy divas & gents who love us, check out the registration for the Expo includes swag bag with samples and other items provided by sponsors and vendors, among other things!

Think of the connections you can and will make when you attend the Curve Nation Plus Size Community Expo.  It's a great way to learn more about our plus-size community! So, tell me, is that exponential or what?!!!

Do visit http://www.clubcurvenation.com and also contact Kimberly Dolson for more information about the conference and Curve Nation

See you at the Welcome Reception on Friday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curvy Looks: What I Wore In a Week

I like reviewing my Style-looks to see how my fashion has progressed, what clothing I intend to keep during my #Showmeyourcloset make over (more on this soon) and also just in case I have to re-think my style strategy when in work-mode. There are good days when my looks are on pointe, and those moments when I wonder what the heck was I thinking with a look that I wore! That may have happened to you as well at times curvy divas?! You know, when the clothing you wore makes you go...WTF?!  This was not how I envisioned this look. I can't wait to get home to take it off!lol! Been there, done that so many times! haha

The Look: New Year's Eve the Weddington Way

Picture this curvy divas, your friend is getting married on New Year's Eve, oh the joy! Then she asks you to be her bridesmaid, and guess what else?  No, not wear that same bouffant dress from her cousin's wedding, oh the horror.  You will be able to create your very own bridesmaid style, your way!!!! Your instructions are, since you are ready for this adventure, "You have to select from the bride's choice of dresses".   All you have to do is accessorize!!!!  This beautiful champagne lace dress from Weddington Way is the one!  Picture this, I'm thinking  monochromatic & luxe femininity . H owever, do not outshine the bride, that's always a no-no! The Weddington Way Nora Dress: A perfect choice.   Gorgeous, lace styling, monochromatic, yet luxe - you could style this many ways. Weddington Way Nora Bridesmaid dress in Champagne  Our choices: Lace gloves:   What better way to add that air of sophistication and femininity, with an oomph of lux

Vintage Vogue

In March of 2012 before I decided to create this blog, I shared my love for Vogue magazine on my d-foreverserenity blog with the article I am super-imposing below. I have this "thing" for magazines. I won't say obsession...I love the glossy pages, the colors, and usually read them from cover to cover....! I had so many magazines piled up, I had to get rid of them...and yes, regretted it the minute I did! Anyway, I'm so glad there are online choices now!!!! Takes up less place in my bedroom!lol! I have saved some of my favorite issues, and shared some style inspiration and observation below. These were my  favorite looks from a  Vogue  magazine issue from August 2006 , six years ago in the past, I know, but I have tons of mags and I love  flipping  through the pages!  These  looks are so fresh today !!  Vogue  featured the color combination of  "The  Red  is the new Black" - red being the new black at the time! Patrick Demarchelier, photographer and model