Skip to main content

Manstyle: How To's - 3 Fun Tie Ideas

I'm glad that I don't have to wear a tie, ever.   Although I did have a very bright yellow clip on tie that was very stylish and I used to wear it, back in the days!   However, I do have men in my life that have to wear one from time to time.  And I do have sort of an idea of how to tie one on...I've tried in the past, when my son was younger, thank heavens hubby came to my rescue and taught him how to!


Image from themuse.com 

How about you curvy divas?  Have you ever tied one on?  Do you know how to tie a tie?  Hmmm...I think we should all learn how to. Guess who featured fun ways to tie ties.... those fun people over at themuse.com. Do you know what the Windsor is?  It's one of the classical ways of tieing a tie.  There is the Trinity Knot, and so many more.  Go ahead on over to the link below and learn how to tie the new knots!!

https://www.themuse.com/advice/3-fun-new-ways-to-tie-your-tie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2012 Trends

Summer is not yet over but already the fashion world has moved on, for some time now, to Fall !  I love to peruse any information I see about Fall Fashions before the season begins too; learning what the colors and styles will be, and to see if there are any trends to follow. Where trends are concerned, I firmly believe that it is best to choose the look that will work best for you.  You can follow a trend, but you should tweak it to make it your own! This is how you discover your own sense of style! I love receiving emails from Ken Downing, Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus !  He shared quite a lot of details in his latest E-mail newsletter to me!  To start off, one of Fall's fashion trend will be the: Statement Handbag : Michael Kors Skorpios Haircalf Ring Tote - $1,695 from Neiman Marcus on neimanmarcus.com Yes, animal print continues even into the Fall season!  Budget conscious divas will do what we do best and shop around for th...

How to Wear Glitter in the Daytime

Have you ever worn sequin aka glitter?  It is pretty much a trend in fashion these days.  Glitter is worn mostly at nights and for real special and dressier occasions. But not so today curvy divas. Glitter can also be worn during the day!  I've worn glitter during the day time before and I try to make it look as understated as possible!  You don't need too much accessories when you wear glitter.  It is pretty much how you put your outfit together! On Elle.com Amanda Fitzsimons interviewed designer Marissa Webb who is known for using sequins during the daytime!  Amanda wanted to know if this look (daytime glitter) can really work? Marissa said it definitely can and thinks it is in how shine the sequinned (or glittered) garment that choose to wear is. It is not just in the size of the beadings at all! I tend to agree with her.   I don't think a really shiny sequinned garment on its own, would work for daytime. That would definitely be overkill! ...

Wearing Red

It's Valentine's Day again and I'm sure many of you curvy divas are wondering what to wear tonight?  Some of us have plans, but others will keep it low keyed at home...or not! Whatever you do curvy divas, I found some great suggestions on Elle.com!  They featured RED , in everything, accessories, clothing, make up, even underwear!  Here are my favorite picks! I LOVE this dress! The silhouette is beautiful and will flatter most body types!  I checked and this item doesn't go larger than a size 12 by the designer, and they are out of this style at Neiman Marcus, however, it's a great look and you can find something similar elsewhere!  If it is too long, find a shorter length. Rachel Pally Caftan V-neck dress -  +Neiman Marcus photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com A fire engine red dress!!! Always great in any woman's wardrobe if she dares to wear it! This beautiful dress is also not available in larger sizes. It goes to...