Skip to main content

My 8 Style Resolutions for 2014

Image from simplybe.co.uk/blog/ - Their LFW highlights! (LOVE)
Happy New Year curvy divas!  It's 2014 and many people are making resolutions.  Are you making any?  If so, what are they?  I do have several plans in mind, some of them fashion-related.  Before I share, I have a question for you.  Have you thought about making any changes to your looks, or your style in general?  I won't make anymore drastic changes as I did with my hair color last year (which wasn't even on my radar!). I do have some "Style Resolutions" for 2014.

Here's my list:

1) There are three items of clothing in my closet, brand new that I have yet to wear. [I bought two of them four years ago, and one last summer], while I was on my fitness quest (which I still am on by the way) and although I did finally fit into two of them, I never wore them anywhere.  My goal this year is to wear at least one of those items this year.

2) I love to shop. While there are times when my shopping stint is "far and in between", when I buy any new clothing or shoes this year I will get rid of one item from my closet (the mini-fashion hoarder in my head is screaming "noo-ooo-oo").

3) I will not let what others think of my style discourage me from expressing my awesomeness. I will wear what I want, however the heck I want and I won't worry about other people's opinions.  I'll just make sure not to show up in my birthday suit, and that my outfit is appropriate for whatever the occasion is.
www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com
Me in my Snake print dress & bolero sweater


4) I will continue to care for my tresses (my hair). I will go for a trim & a color. It's about time I allow someone else to touch these natural curls. The last time I did, it was for my "big chop".  The hair stylist gave me such a whacked job, I haven't been in a hair salon since! [let's just pretend that's they only reason].
www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com
My hair is blown out in this photo. My hair color looks darker too, but it's much lighter

5) I will try one new clothing trend this year. I usually go with an accessory trend, that is, handbag, jewelry, belt, shoes, etc.  When it comes to clothing, I like stylish clothes that pleases my style-sense and are not necessarily trendy. So whatever the trend is for this year, I'm going to find the plus size version of one trend, and reveal in a "Love it or Leave it?", and/or a "Found" article!

6) Hmmm, I'm thinking about my hair again, and now that I am officially a "red head", I would like to find that perfect color red that suits me. So there goes my "I won't make any changes to my hair" resolution because I am going to!
7) This one isn't for me, but rather, my 12 year old. She wants to pierce her ears.  I may just let her do that this year. There's a whole story behind why I haven't done anything about it yet.  

8) Of course I am throwing one style "dare" in the mix.  I am going to wear a short dress on it's own (because I always, always layer with pants) or I'm going to find a lavishly printed skirt or pants suit to wear.  I love prints however, they are usually floral or polka dots or stripes, something safe. OMG, I'm already cringing at wearing a short dress on its own!

So, there you have it. What do you think? Are these good style resolutions? Could it have been better? Have you made any? Come on, spill!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curvy Looks: What I Wore In a Week

I like reviewing my Style-looks to see how my fashion has progressed, what clothing I intend to keep during my #Showmeyourcloset make over (more on this soon) and also just in case I have to re-think my style strategy when in work-mode. There are good days when my looks are on pointe, and those moments when I wonder what the heck was I thinking with a look that I wore! That may have happened to you as well at times curvy divas?! You know, when the clothing you wore makes you go...WTF?!  This was not how I envisioned this look. I can't wait to get home to take it off!lol! Been there, done that so many times! haha

The Look: New Year's Eve the Weddington Way

Picture this curvy divas, your friend is getting married on New Year's Eve, oh the joy! Then she asks you to be her bridesmaid, and guess what else?  No, not wear that same bouffant dress from her cousin's wedding, oh the horror.  You will be able to create your very own bridesmaid style, your way!!!! Your instructions are, since you are ready for this adventure, "You have to select from the bride's choice of dresses".   All you have to do is accessorize!!!!  This beautiful champagne lace dress from Weddington Way is the one!  Picture this, I'm thinking  monochromatic & luxe femininity . H owever, do not outshine the bride, that's always a no-no! The Weddington Way Nora Dress: A perfect choice.   Gorgeous, lace styling, monochromatic, yet luxe - you could style this many ways. Weddington Way Nora Bridesmaid dress in Champagne  Our choices: Lace gloves:   What better way to add that air of sophistication and femininity, with an oomph of lux

Vintage Vogue

In March of 2012 before I decided to create this blog, I shared my love for Vogue magazine on my d-foreverserenity blog with the article I am super-imposing below. I have this "thing" for magazines. I won't say obsession...I love the glossy pages, the colors, and usually read them from cover to cover....! I had so many magazines piled up, I had to get rid of them...and yes, regretted it the minute I did! Anyway, I'm so glad there are online choices now!!!! Takes up less place in my bedroom!lol! I have saved some of my favorite issues, and shared some style inspiration and observation below. These were my  favorite looks from a  Vogue  magazine issue from August 2006 , six years ago in the past, I know, but I have tons of mags and I love  flipping  through the pages!  These  looks are so fresh today !!  Vogue  featured the color combination of  "The  Red  is the new Black" - red being the new black at the time! Patrick Demarchelier, photographer and model