Skip to main content

Me 'n My 'Fro

It has been approximately three  or four years since I have not relaxed my hair.  Relaxed as you  may know curvy divas, means using a chemical hair cream to straighten my hair.  It has been a long journey to where I am now with my hair being healthy, strong and beautiful. I took the plunge last summer and made my hair tbe color it is today and I have not regretted it!

In the coming weeks, on a Wednesday, I will feature the various hair-looks I have had in the last four years, oh boy, has it been many!! A gentleman in my office often compliments my hair and marvels at the variety of looks my hair can do!lol!  I have to say I agree with him.

I have twisted, blown out, curled, and worn up-do's. I sometimes wear hair accessories too, why not have fun with my 'Fro?! :-) 

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com .

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com

www.fabulouslycurvy.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2012 Trends

Summer is not yet over but already the fashion world has moved on, for some time now, to Fall !  I love to peruse any information I see about Fall Fashions before the season begins too; learning what the colors and styles will be, and to see if there are any trends to follow. Where trends are concerned, I firmly believe that it is best to choose the look that will work best for you.  You can follow a trend, but you should tweak it to make it your own! This is how you discover your own sense of style! I love receiving emails from Ken Downing, Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus !  He shared quite a lot of details in his latest E-mail newsletter to me!  To start off, one of Fall's fashion trend will be the: Statement Handbag : Michael Kors Skorpios Haircalf Ring Tote - $1,695 from Neiman Marcus on neimanmarcus.com Yes, animal print continues even into the Fall season!  Budget conscious divas will do what we do best and shop around for th...

How to Wear Glitter in the Daytime

Have you ever worn sequin aka glitter?  It is pretty much a trend in fashion these days.  Glitter is worn mostly at nights and for real special and dressier occasions. But not so today curvy divas. Glitter can also be worn during the day!  I've worn glitter during the day time before and I try to make it look as understated as possible!  You don't need too much accessories when you wear glitter.  It is pretty much how you put your outfit together! On Elle.com Amanda Fitzsimons interviewed designer Marissa Webb who is known for using sequins during the daytime!  Amanda wanted to know if this look (daytime glitter) can really work? Marissa said it definitely can and thinks it is in how shine the sequinned (or glittered) garment that choose to wear is. It is not just in the size of the beadings at all! I tend to agree with her.   I don't think a really shiny sequinned garment on its own, would work for daytime. That would definitely be overkill! ...

Wearing Red

It's Valentine's Day again and I'm sure many of you curvy divas are wondering what to wear tonight?  Some of us have plans, but others will keep it low keyed at home...or not! Whatever you do curvy divas, I found some great suggestions on Elle.com!  They featured RED , in everything, accessories, clothing, make up, even underwear!  Here are my favorite picks! I LOVE this dress! The silhouette is beautiful and will flatter most body types!  I checked and this item doesn't go larger than a size 12 by the designer, and they are out of this style at Neiman Marcus, however, it's a great look and you can find something similar elsewhere!  If it is too long, find a shorter length. Rachel Pally Caftan V-neck dress -  +Neiman Marcus photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com A fire engine red dress!!! Always great in any woman's wardrobe if she dares to wear it! This beautiful dress is also not available in larger sizes. It goes to...