Skip to main content

A Week of Blogsperiment - The Reveal



Day 1
So curvy divas, getting straight to the point, I did the blog-speriment because I wanted to see if my viewership/readership would grow or decrease by doing only photo blogging with links, and/or very little information.



Day 2
                                     

As a blogger, as much as I do enjoy doing what I do, if I say  that it doesn't matter whether I have a readership or not, I would be lying.  Every writer wants, needs to know that their work is appreciated and liked...yes, and/or loved...even if only by one or two people!  That knowledge is motivating enough to give us that secret smile of work well-done!  Since I've started this blog my readership/clicks have grown. Yes that secret smile is on my face as I write that fact!

I love reading other blogger's work.  I admire those who are able to do what they do and make a living from it.  I also like looking at how their site is set up and comparing their blog's look to mine.  There are some real professionals online who are the ultimate bloggers that I dream to be one day, on my own terms of course!

Day 3

There are fashion bloggers who post outfits they wear, finds they buy and celebrity designer wares.  Some of them post really lovely photographs which garners a lot of readership, and they also garner everything that goes along with having a large readership.  Some bloggers will post photos and a description of the clothing, and where to find, cost, etc.  Some will have a story to tell, and/or write up an article in their style to post with their photographs.  Some do not.  It just depends on the blogger's style. However, for some, no matter what they do, they have a large following no matter what they do.


Day 4


I post photographs with my articles.  Sometimes the photographs are linked from the sources that I am writing about, at other times, they are my own, sometimes they are from the research I have done.  Some of my articles, depending on the topic will have a large viewership, and some do not.  I have learned that it just depends on the topic I am writing about, and whether it is interesting or not, that garners the readership that I have.

Day 5

On day one, the first day of the experiment, I garnered a readership of 23, page view of 80.  On Day 2, there were 13 readership; Day 3, 14 readership; Day 4, 20, and I noted a page view of 107; and on the final day of my week-long blogsperiment there were 5, at the time that I checked earlier that day.  Below however, shows the final results:

Day 5: Week of Photo Blogging: Hats                           18 reader count 
Day 4: Week of Photo Blogging: The Look                   29 reader count
          Day 3: Week of Photo Blogging: Trendy Outfits            19 reader count
          Day 2: Week of Photo Blogging: Spring Trend              19 reader count
         Week of Photo Blogging: Statement Necklaces              27 reader count



Unfortunately, overall, I didn't make a note of each day's page views for each day of the experiment.  What did I learn?  I learned that you, my curvy divas, love to learn "stuff" to coin a word.  You don't just like to see photographs, you want to know details, details, details.  I find that when I write, giving my "spin" on the topic at hand, that garners the most readership!

We are fashionistas, with a passion for learning! We don't want to only look beautiful, we have brains behind the beauties! The 'nuts & bolts' of this blog-speriment is if you are a blogger, you have to put the work in to your blog. Having new content on a regular basis is a big plus. That is how you gain readership, and also a loyal following!  If you have read with me up to the end of this rather long article, more kudos to you!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curvy Looks: What I Wore In a Week

I like reviewing my Style-looks to see how my fashion has progressed, what clothing I intend to keep during my #Showmeyourcloset make over (more on this soon) and also just in case I have to re-think my style strategy when in work-mode. There are good days when my looks are on pointe, and those moments when I wonder what the heck was I thinking with a look that I wore! That may have happened to you as well at times curvy divas?! You know, when the clothing you wore makes you go...WTF?!  This was not how I envisioned this look. I can't wait to get home to take it off!lol! Been there, done that so many times! haha

The Look: New Year's Eve the Weddington Way

Picture this curvy divas, your friend is getting married on New Year's Eve, oh the joy! Then she asks you to be her bridesmaid, and guess what else?  No, not wear that same bouffant dress from her cousin's wedding, oh the horror.  You will be able to create your very own bridesmaid style, your way!!!! Your instructions are, since you are ready for this adventure, "You have to select from the bride's choice of dresses".   All you have to do is accessorize!!!!  This beautiful champagne lace dress from Weddington Way is the one!  Picture this, I'm thinking  monochromatic & luxe femininity . H owever, do not outshine the bride, that's always a no-no! The Weddington Way Nora Dress: A perfect choice.   Gorgeous, lace styling, monochromatic, yet luxe - you could style this many ways. Weddington Way Nora Bridesmaid dress in Champagne  Our choices: Lace gloves:   What better way to add that air of sophistication and femininity, with an oomph of lux

Vintage Vogue

In March of 2012 before I decided to create this blog, I shared my love for Vogue magazine on my d-foreverserenity blog with the article I am super-imposing below. I have this "thing" for magazines. I won't say obsession...I love the glossy pages, the colors, and usually read them from cover to cover....! I had so many magazines piled up, I had to get rid of them...and yes, regretted it the minute I did! Anyway, I'm so glad there are online choices now!!!! Takes up less place in my bedroom!lol! I have saved some of my favorite issues, and shared some style inspiration and observation below. These were my  favorite looks from a  Vogue  magazine issue from August 2006 , six years ago in the past, I know, but I have tons of mags and I love  flipping  through the pages!  These  looks are so fresh today !!  Vogue  featured the color combination of  "The  Red  is the new Black" - red being the new black at the time! Patrick Demarchelier, photographer and model