Skip to main content

Seven Things You SHOULD Wear on a Plane

Last year I wrote an article with suggestions about what you should not wear on a plane, you know, when you're travelling! Well curvy divas, I found out the Seven things that you SHOULD wear on a plane!  Why do you need this information? Well, it might come in handy because flying on a plane is not the most rested of thing to do.  It can be one of the most harried and uncomfortable moments of your life.  So if you can make yourself as comfortable as possible, wouldn't you try to?

Caroline Costello shared some tips on Smartertravel.com. Her first suggestion is to wear layers, and lots of it, if you can.  Not only will you be able to handle the different temperature changes on the plane, depending on where you're going, or coming from, you can take off, or keep some of those layers!  And even more important, dressing in layers means that you will be packing less clothing!



You will want to wear clothing that is not only comfortable, but that will literally be "breathable" fabric, such as cotton.




Wear support hosiery or socks. That is socks that will support your legs and keep the oxygen moving.  Remember for some people who fly, they might be prone to leg swellings or have medical issues that could be difficult, wearing support hosiery or socks will keep your circulation moving!



You should also wear comfortable flats
Wearing shoes that can easily be taken off, or put back on, is a plus.  For men I would say wear loafers instead of sneakers!

Ms. Costello also recommends wearing clothing with lots of pockets.  I totally agree with that!  You would be surprise at how handy having more than one pockets is!  You can put your passport, ticket, and sunglasses in different pockets.  This will leave your hands free to carry your hand luggage!


Wearing loose fitting clothing is also one of those seven items!  Remember you're flying, you want to be comfortable, do you see the theme we're going with curvy divas?

Last but not least wearing something fashionably stylish!  Now I know you might be saying to yourself, "What?"  Because after the list above, something stylish?!  Well, of course, we don't want you looking like an overstuffed bear or a penguin! You also don't want to look like a bum!  Nope, the reason why you should dress stylish and neat, is because sometimes, the flight attendants will give free upgrades to passengers who are nicely dressed!  

So, the next time you're going on a plane, try wearing a tee-shirt layered over a tank, with a jacket that has lots of pockets, a pair of jeans or a nice skirt, nice flats (loafers for men) with support tights or socks, and have a great looking handbag! Whew~  I think we nailed it! 

You can read the full article here, Seven Things You Should Wear on the Plane.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curvy Looks: What I Wore In a Week

I like reviewing my Style-looks to see how my fashion has progressed, what clothing I intend to keep during my #Showmeyourcloset make over (more on this soon) and also just in case I have to re-think my style strategy when in work-mode. There are good days when my looks are on pointe, and those moments when I wonder what the heck was I thinking with a look that I wore! That may have happened to you as well at times curvy divas?! You know, when the clothing you wore makes you go...WTF?!  This was not how I envisioned this look. I can't wait to get home to take it off!lol! Been there, done that so many times! haha

The Look: New Year's Eve the Weddington Way

Picture this curvy divas, your friend is getting married on New Year's Eve, oh the joy! Then she asks you to be her bridesmaid, and guess what else?  No, not wear that same bouffant dress from her cousin's wedding, oh the horror.  You will be able to create your very own bridesmaid style, your way!!!! Your instructions are, since you are ready for this adventure, "You have to select from the bride's choice of dresses".   All you have to do is accessorize!!!!  This beautiful champagne lace dress from Weddington Way is the one!  Picture this, I'm thinking  monochromatic & luxe femininity . H owever, do not outshine the bride, that's always a no-no! The Weddington Way Nora Dress: A perfect choice.   Gorgeous, lace styling, monochromatic, yet luxe - you could style this many ways. Weddington Way Nora Bridesmaid dress in Champagne  Our choices: Lace gloves:   What better way to add that air of sophistication and femininity, with an oomph of lux

Vintage Vogue

In March of 2012 before I decided to create this blog, I shared my love for Vogue magazine on my d-foreverserenity blog with the article I am super-imposing below. I have this "thing" for magazines. I won't say obsession...I love the glossy pages, the colors, and usually read them from cover to cover....! I had so many magazines piled up, I had to get rid of them...and yes, regretted it the minute I did! Anyway, I'm so glad there are online choices now!!!! Takes up less place in my bedroom!lol! I have saved some of my favorite issues, and shared some style inspiration and observation below. These were my  favorite looks from a  Vogue  magazine issue from August 2006 , six years ago in the past, I know, but I have tons of mags and I love  flipping  through the pages!  These  looks are so fresh today !!  Vogue  featured the color combination of  "The  Red  is the new Black" - red being the new black at the time! Patrick Demarchelier, photographer and model