Skip to main content

Edgy Fashionista!

You know what I'm tired of curvy divas?  I'm tired of Society telling me what I can and cannot wear. I'm sick of seeing models who should be plus sized and they're not, modeling clothes that is supposed to fit a curvy woman! How am I going to tell how that clothing really looks on my curvy behind if the model who is showing it has none?  I'm also tired of not finding really stylish clothing in curvy diva sizes!!!  That's the three I'll list for now and I'll stop right there!

I like to dress with not just style but with a bit of a "pop" thrown in too.  That means I love to accessorize, and they don't usually match.  I love to color coordinate but not in a "matchy-matchy" type of way.  I love to dress up, most of the times.  As someone commented to me recently, "I guess you dress according to your moods". Yes I do and there's nothing wrong with that!

I was looking around on the Intraweb at the different styles and looks being offered to Plus Sized divas, it's a bit of both world, some were too tame and too door-mat, while others were just not the right type for everyone!  I wanted to see clothing with a bit more, let's say "edge" to them.  Not just being trendy, but clothing that would let a curvy diva be herself, whoever she is! She would put those clothes on and not just rock the look, she would own it!

I found these gorgeous and fun fashion on dominodollhouse.com!

You know you're always told if you have large hips you should wear a plain skirt or pants..i.e., no embellishment....not always! This skirt would definitely work, with the right top!  (wear a simple top that doesn't clash with the look of this style and you're good to go!)


Bowout Skirt in Lavender stripes - $48.99


I would also wear this dress!   It can be worn to work, w/jacket or cardigan...or without!  It's also a great party dress!

Peter Pan Trapeze dress in black & white stripes - $59.99


My favorite so far...beautiful! I would wear it with jeans!
Red Birthday Bash Mini Dress - $169.99

I love, LOVE this skirt! Too bad my size is sold out! But can't you see you rocking this curvy diva?  And guess what the back of it looks like....  ?
Pin Up Perfection Pencil Skirt - $39.95 

........Beautiful!

Don't let anyone dictate your look or style.  Be who you want to be.  Find the look that works for you and that you're comfortable with and go for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2012 Trends

Summer is not yet over but already the fashion world has moved on, for some time now, to Fall !  I love to peruse any information I see about Fall Fashions before the season begins too; learning what the colors and styles will be, and to see if there are any trends to follow. Where trends are concerned, I firmly believe that it is best to choose the look that will work best for you.  You can follow a trend, but you should tweak it to make it your own! This is how you discover your own sense of style! I love receiving emails from Ken Downing, Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus !  He shared quite a lot of details in his latest E-mail newsletter to me!  To start off, one of Fall's fashion trend will be the: Statement Handbag : Michael Kors Skorpios Haircalf Ring Tote - $1,695 from Neiman Marcus on neimanmarcus.com Yes, animal print continues even into the Fall season!  Budget conscious divas will do what we do best and shop around for th...

How to Wear Glitter in the Daytime

Have you ever worn sequin aka glitter?  It is pretty much a trend in fashion these days.  Glitter is worn mostly at nights and for real special and dressier occasions. But not so today curvy divas. Glitter can also be worn during the day!  I've worn glitter during the day time before and I try to make it look as understated as possible!  You don't need too much accessories when you wear glitter.  It is pretty much how you put your outfit together! On Elle.com Amanda Fitzsimons interviewed designer Marissa Webb who is known for using sequins during the daytime!  Amanda wanted to know if this look (daytime glitter) can really work? Marissa said it definitely can and thinks it is in how shine the sequinned (or glittered) garment that choose to wear is. It is not just in the size of the beadings at all! I tend to agree with her.   I don't think a really shiny sequinned garment on its own, would work for daytime. That would definitely be overkill! ...

Wearing Red

It's Valentine's Day again and I'm sure many of you curvy divas are wondering what to wear tonight?  Some of us have plans, but others will keep it low keyed at home...or not! Whatever you do curvy divas, I found some great suggestions on Elle.com!  They featured RED , in everything, accessories, clothing, make up, even underwear!  Here are my favorite picks! I LOVE this dress! The silhouette is beautiful and will flatter most body types!  I checked and this item doesn't go larger than a size 12 by the designer, and they are out of this style at Neiman Marcus, however, it's a great look and you can find something similar elsewhere!  If it is too long, find a shorter length. Rachel Pally Caftan V-neck dress -  +Neiman Marcus photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com A fire engine red dress!!! Always great in any woman's wardrobe if she dares to wear it! This beautiful dress is also not available in larger sizes. It goes to...