Skip to main content

Fabulously Curvy Nominated for The Liebster Award




Fabulously Curvy has been nominated by a fellow Blogger whom we love to follow, our local royalty, Princess Kaija of the blog, The Life and Adventures of Princess Kaija.  She was also nominated for her work and as graciously given me the nod which we gladly accept.

We love the adventure of getting "out and about" and meeting new bloggers and writers and we gladly follow back.  Thank you Kaija for thinking us worthy of the Liebster Awards. Forgive us for the late "acceptance speech".  Life has been inundated with family-life, exams & presentations, since we're in the world of students again, and research for our new looks on the blog.


Without further ado, I will use the same questions Kaija responded to on her blog that I linked above.  

One of the rules of this award is to answer 11 questions about 
myself and my blog. I hope this will help for you to get to know me better! Here are the Q's and A's:

1. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?

I am inspired by what I read on and off line.  

2. Is your blogging simply a hobby? What kind of dreams do you have for it?

It has been a hobby for a while now.  Because of my love for what I do, writing, sharing and meeting new people, I have began to transition into a business.


3.  What is your support system like and who are your biggest supporters?

I'm a working mom and wife. I like to interact with other bloggers some of whom have been great to collaborate with. Offline my children are old enough to give me their opinions and my hubby is a great help as well.


4. What are 10 random facts about you?

  1. I'm speechless!  Not my usual way to be right?! I'm trying to think of anything random...lol! I do share on my blogs so hopefully I don't repeat myself.
  2. I'm a comic fan. I do love to read some of them, and especially love the movies but I'm not a hardcore fan where I will dress up or cite quotes.
  3. I want to attend Comic Con when it happens in Orlando next year.
  4. My son likes comics too. He's been to Comic Con twice already, including to the most recent one that took place this year.
  5. I'm thinking of cutting my hair really short. 
  6. I color my hair myself.
  7. I am back in school after so many years! 
  8. I am wearing contact lenses for the very first time.
  9. I fell asleep with my contact lenses in recently.  It was a bit scary because my eyes were so dry when I woke up, I was scared they wouldn't come out, but they did.
  10. I love to dance.
  11. I am more comfortable in heels than flats.

5.  What do you enjoy most about blogging?

Being able to share information that my readers might not have known about. 

6. What do you do when you feel overwhelmed with too many tasks at once?

I pitch a fit!lol! Sometimes...no, seriously. I take a step back.  I will then sort out what has to be done first, and take it from there.

7. What would you do with a large sum of money given to you?

Oh that beach house is calling my name!  I would definitely travel too. I would also put some of my goals into effect.

8. What was one of the most moving books or movies you have ever seen?

"Remember Me" with Pierce Brosnan and Robert Pattinson. Go watch it if you haven't...get the hankies ready at the end!

9. Where would you like to see yourself in the next couple of years?

In my dream career, doing what I love the most.

10. Do you have a bucket list? Name 5 things on that.
  1. See the Eiffel Tower
  2. Visit Europe....especially, Italy, Belgium, Greece, Britain
  3. Fly in an helicopter. I sat in one and it was awesome. Next time, take off!
  4. Get myself ready to launch! (more on that another time)
  5. Write a book

11. What is your single best piece of advice for someone starting out in the blogging world?

Just do it.  Focus on what they like and not worry about anyone else.  Also, when the days get rough at times and they're ready to throw in the towel, remember why they started their blog in the first place and smile.

Whew~ I did it!  Now for the next part of this award acceptance. I have to nominate 11 Awesome Bloggers!  I'm still checking out those nominated by the Princess.

The bloggers I must choose should have less than 200 followers.  If any of my choices are over 200 in following, I hope you will like them too anyway!  I believe some of my blogger-friends have been too busy off-line to make an appearance. But they're among the ones I like to read and they fit into the category nicely, so I'm posting links to them as well.

http://windycitywardrobe.com/
http://kurvyandkonfident.blogspot.com/
http://glamcurvy.com/
http://interruptedcadence.blogspot.com/
http://curvesdeservefashion.com/
http://beautybarbie7.blogspot.co.uk/
http://hablemosfashion.blogspot.com/
http://curvygirlthin.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.clubfashionista.com/
http://beautyfulyouniverse.blogspot.com 

Do click on the links to check each of the bloggers out. Follow and read with them. Come back and tell me which one is your favorite. Aren't you excited we got nominated? Me too!! I will notify these beautiful ladies that they too have been nominated.  Unless of course you tell them before I do! :)






































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2012 Trends

Summer is not yet over but already the fashion world has moved on, for some time now, to Fall !  I love to peruse any information I see about Fall Fashions before the season begins too; learning what the colors and styles will be, and to see if there are any trends to follow. Where trends are concerned, I firmly believe that it is best to choose the look that will work best for you.  You can follow a trend, but you should tweak it to make it your own! This is how you discover your own sense of style! I love receiving emails from Ken Downing, Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus !  He shared quite a lot of details in his latest E-mail newsletter to me!  To start off, one of Fall's fashion trend will be the: Statement Handbag : Michael Kors Skorpios Haircalf Ring Tote - $1,695 from Neiman Marcus on neimanmarcus.com Yes, animal print continues even into the Fall season!  Budget conscious divas will do what we do best and shop around for th...

The Best Hair Color for You

You choose your outfit with care, down to the shoes you wear for that particular look.  You put your makeup on, and now it's time for your hair.....why is it not looking its best?  Everything that you do in trying to style it, is just so wrong!  You're ready to scream or pull your hair out!!!! Have you ever had a bad hair day?  I know I have, more than once!  Usually, if I'm lucky, I'll have time to wear a hat, a wig or pin my hair in a way to make it work!  It doesn't matter who you are, for every woman, if your hair isn't at its best, you will not be too ! When you have your hair, as some might say "did" or "done" you know you will be at your fabulously curvy best !  One of the  things I like to do is color my hair. Yes, it's chemical, so I guess I'm not totally au naturel!  You can try a rinse, which is a way to temporarily color your hair with a new look, or you can use a permanent color and rock your hair the way you want! ...

Wearing Red

It's Valentine's Day again and I'm sure many of you curvy divas are wondering what to wear tonight?  Some of us have plans, but others will keep it low keyed at home...or not! Whatever you do curvy divas, I found some great suggestions on Elle.com!  They featured RED , in everything, accessories, clothing, make up, even underwear!  Here are my favorite picks! I LOVE this dress! The silhouette is beautiful and will flatter most body types!  I checked and this item doesn't go larger than a size 12 by the designer, and they are out of this style at Neiman Marcus, however, it's a great look and you can find something similar elsewhere!  If it is too long, find a shorter length. Rachel Pally Caftan V-neck dress -  +Neiman Marcus photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com A fire engine red dress!!! Always great in any woman's wardrobe if she dares to wear it! This beautiful dress is also not available in larger sizes. It goes to...