Skip to main content

Curvy News: Plus Size Fashion Walks NYFW 2015

New York Fashion Week (NYFW) 2015 came in and went out like lightning!  We always love the fabulous styles and fashion showcased for the world to see.  I usually love to do what is normal and look for the people who look like us on the Catwalk. Are they curvy, any type of plus sizes on that runway?  Hmmm...inquiring minds wants to know!
Model wearing design from the recent Project Runway Finale Fashion show

I was pleased to find out that there was a very unique event that occurred on September 11 at NYFW. Have you ever watched Project Runway on Lifetime Television?  It's one of my favorite programs, and one I must confess I don't indulge in as much as I used to.  But I do enjoy watching it when I do. Well curvy divas, guess what?  One of the designers from the current Season 14 was the lucky presenter of their fashion at the show's NYFW Finale production.  Because there is a designer whose designs are geared for us curvy divas, there was speculation that the designs were hers!

Model wearing Ashley Nell Tipton's design

The attendees at the event knew there would be a featured designer, but had no idea who it would be. and what a fabulous surprise to see Plus Size Fashion featured and to think it was from Ashley Nell Tipton!


The Designer's clothing were well-fitted for the curvy models who showcased her exceptional styles well.  She wasn't afraid to let them wear the latest fashion trends either;  cropped tops, high-waist shorts, and flirty dresses were  part of an eclectic mix of patterns and fabric that enhanced the designs worn by the models.


I will be glued to the small screen to see who wins this season's Project Runway.  I am secretly hoping it will be Ashley Tipton. How about you?



To read the articles on this momentus occasion, follow these links:

http://mashable.com/2015/09/14/project-runway-plus-size-collection/#TdnLtXmpIOqX


http://www.plus-model-mag.com/2015/09/plus-size-models-steal-the-show-at-project-runways-nyfw-finale-show/









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2012 Trends

Summer is not yet over but already the fashion world has moved on, for some time now, to Fall !  I love to peruse any information I see about Fall Fashions before the season begins too; learning what the colors and styles will be, and to see if there are any trends to follow. Where trends are concerned, I firmly believe that it is best to choose the look that will work best for you.  You can follow a trend, but you should tweak it to make it your own! This is how you discover your own sense of style! I love receiving emails from Ken Downing, Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus !  He shared quite a lot of details in his latest E-mail newsletter to me!  To start off, one of Fall's fashion trend will be the: Statement Handbag : Michael Kors Skorpios Haircalf Ring Tote - $1,695 from Neiman Marcus on neimanmarcus.com Yes, animal print continues even into the Fall season!  Budget conscious divas will do what we do best and shop around for th...

How to Wear Glitter in the Daytime

Have you ever worn sequin aka glitter?  It is pretty much a trend in fashion these days.  Glitter is worn mostly at nights and for real special and dressier occasions. But not so today curvy divas. Glitter can also be worn during the day!  I've worn glitter during the day time before and I try to make it look as understated as possible!  You don't need too much accessories when you wear glitter.  It is pretty much how you put your outfit together! On Elle.com Amanda Fitzsimons interviewed designer Marissa Webb who is known for using sequins during the daytime!  Amanda wanted to know if this look (daytime glitter) can really work? Marissa said it definitely can and thinks it is in how shine the sequinned (or glittered) garment that choose to wear is. It is not just in the size of the beadings at all! I tend to agree with her.   I don't think a really shiny sequinned garment on its own, would work for daytime. That would definitely be overkill! ...

Wearing Red

It's Valentine's Day again and I'm sure many of you curvy divas are wondering what to wear tonight?  Some of us have plans, but others will keep it low keyed at home...or not! Whatever you do curvy divas, I found some great suggestions on Elle.com!  They featured RED , in everything, accessories, clothing, make up, even underwear!  Here are my favorite picks! I LOVE this dress! The silhouette is beautiful and will flatter most body types!  I checked and this item doesn't go larger than a size 12 by the designer, and they are out of this style at Neiman Marcus, however, it's a great look and you can find something similar elsewhere!  If it is too long, find a shorter length. Rachel Pally Caftan V-neck dress -  +Neiman Marcus photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com A fire engine red dress!!! Always great in any woman's wardrobe if she dares to wear it! This beautiful dress is also not available in larger sizes. It goes to...