Skip to main content

Curvy Confidence:Remember The Three R's


I'm reclaiming myself on this day that is usually Throwback Thursday curvy divas. It is nice to look back and see how far you have come, to remember what you once were, that is, in thinking, how you felt, the position or place you were at whatever moment in time.


It is a great feeling when you see how much you have grown, how you are and what you will be, meeting your destiny.  As women we get "hit" from so many corners of our lives. The media, our friends who mean well, but somehow will sometimes discourage your growth, our spouses and/or special person who often take us for granted, or can't see us for who we really are; or who we are supposed to be.  Society tosses their habits, denials, expectations, rules, all and sundry at us and we are supposed to hang our heads in shame and step back into the shells that enclose us.


Do you remember as children you were told about the Three Rs, Arithmetic, Reading and Writing? I believe that terminology is still around today.  I propose a new way of thinking for our grown up selves.  Today I say make this Thursday and all Thursdays going forward, positivity Thursday.  It is, and should be everyday, your day to shine because you are Resilient, Radiant and Receptive (The Three Rs).


Resilient – For your ability to recover quickly from adversary. No matter who or what comes at you on any given day or at any time. Yes you will hurt from the pain of negativity. But you will be even stronger to shine bright like a flame. #resilientme


Radiant – You emanate joy, love, and health.  You are your true authentic self; discovering who you are meant to be. You wear your fashion with grace and fierceness. #feelingfierce


Receptive – You are ready to receive and accept. You are flexible, approachable, responsive and accepting of new ideas and thoughts.  You can choose your own word here such as #open, #approachable, #accessible etc.
Whatever it is, make it your own and let's be positive going forward with #positivitythursday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2012 Trends

Summer is not yet over but already the fashion world has moved on, for some time now, to Fall !  I love to peruse any information I see about Fall Fashions before the season begins too; learning what the colors and styles will be, and to see if there are any trends to follow. Where trends are concerned, I firmly believe that it is best to choose the look that will work best for you.  You can follow a trend, but you should tweak it to make it your own! This is how you discover your own sense of style! I love receiving emails from Ken Downing, Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus !  He shared quite a lot of details in his latest E-mail newsletter to me!  To start off, one of Fall's fashion trend will be the: Statement Handbag : Michael Kors Skorpios Haircalf Ring Tote - $1,695 from Neiman Marcus on neimanmarcus.com Yes, animal print continues even into the Fall season!  Budget conscious divas will do what we do best and shop around for th...

Wearing Red

It's Valentine's Day again and I'm sure many of you curvy divas are wondering what to wear tonight?  Some of us have plans, but others will keep it low keyed at home...or not! Whatever you do curvy divas, I found some great suggestions on Elle.com!  They featured RED , in everything, accessories, clothing, make up, even underwear!  Here are my favorite picks! I LOVE this dress! The silhouette is beautiful and will flatter most body types!  I checked and this item doesn't go larger than a size 12 by the designer, and they are out of this style at Neiman Marcus, however, it's a great look and you can find something similar elsewhere!  If it is too long, find a shorter length. Rachel Pally Caftan V-neck dress -  +Neiman Marcus photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com A fire engine red dress!!! Always great in any woman's wardrobe if she dares to wear it! This beautiful dress is also not available in larger sizes. It goes to...

How to Wear Glitter in the Daytime

Have you ever worn sequin aka glitter?  It is pretty much a trend in fashion these days.  Glitter is worn mostly at nights and for real special and dressier occasions. But not so today curvy divas. Glitter can also be worn during the day!  I've worn glitter during the day time before and I try to make it look as understated as possible!  You don't need too much accessories when you wear glitter.  It is pretty much how you put your outfit together! On Elle.com Amanda Fitzsimons interviewed designer Marissa Webb who is known for using sequins during the daytime!  Amanda wanted to know if this look (daytime glitter) can really work? Marissa said it definitely can and thinks it is in how shine the sequinned (or glittered) garment that choose to wear is. It is not just in the size of the beadings at all! I tend to agree with her.   I don't think a really shiny sequinned garment on its own, would work for daytime. That would definitely be overkill! ...