Skip to main content

Style looks at The Oscar's After Party

Did you know that whenever the movie stars and entertainers have their big award shows there is always an After Party?  Yep.  They go to one event or another to have fun and perhaps party all night! For the few, sometimes changed from their gorgeous red carpet gowns and tuxedos to party gear.  It's also at these times that some will show their more fun side.

One of the most popular after party is usually held by Vanity Fair. This year's party was hosted by Gradon Carter at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts.  Two of the beauties who were my favorite attended that event.  

 Mindy Kaling

Photo credit: Getty Images – on Elle.com
Mindy wore a Salvador Perez dress, bag - Jimmy Choo
I love this dress on Mindy. Doesn't she clean up well?  I like the deep V cut at the bodice which actually is very beautiful on her. When you wear a deep V cut it is good to wear it like this.  Fitted just right so there is no spillage or overhanging flesh. Plus where the cut ends is just right, no navels here.  Her dress also has jewelry accents.  


Queen Latifah
 Photo credit: as seen on Elle.com
 Queen Latifah in a Georges Chakra Dress

When I see the Queen's dress I say va-va-va-v00m!  All red and dressed to impress! I like the one lace on the covered shoulder that also drapes across her upper back. It's a great looking dress on her. Another structured dress so beautiful and no fuss. 


Miley Cyrus

Photo credit: as seen on Elle.com 
 Miley Cyrus in Elsa Schiaparelli Couture
Miley attended The Elton John's Aids Foundation Oscar Viewing Party.  I absolutely adore Miley's outfit.  She looked sophisticated and trendy all at once and made a fashionable statement in her tuxedo pants suit.


If you want to read about some of the jewels worn by the stars on Oscar night, check out this blog: http://www.fashionality.nyc/2015/02/25/bling-bling-at-the-oscars-2015/






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall 2012 Trends

Summer is not yet over but already the fashion world has moved on, for some time now, to Fall !  I love to peruse any information I see about Fall Fashions before the season begins too; learning what the colors and styles will be, and to see if there are any trends to follow. Where trends are concerned, I firmly believe that it is best to choose the look that will work best for you.  You can follow a trend, but you should tweak it to make it your own! This is how you discover your own sense of style! I love receiving emails from Ken Downing, Fashion Director for Neiman Marcus !  He shared quite a lot of details in his latest E-mail newsletter to me!  To start off, one of Fall's fashion trend will be the: Statement Handbag : Michael Kors Skorpios Haircalf Ring Tote - $1,695 from Neiman Marcus on neimanmarcus.com Yes, animal print continues even into the Fall season!  Budget conscious divas will do what we do best and shop around for th...

Wearing Red

It's Valentine's Day again and I'm sure many of you curvy divas are wondering what to wear tonight?  Some of us have plans, but others will keep it low keyed at home...or not! Whatever you do curvy divas, I found some great suggestions on Elle.com!  They featured RED , in everything, accessories, clothing, make up, even underwear!  Here are my favorite picks! I LOVE this dress! The silhouette is beautiful and will flatter most body types!  I checked and this item doesn't go larger than a size 12 by the designer, and they are out of this style at Neiman Marcus, however, it's a great look and you can find something similar elsewhere!  If it is too long, find a shorter length. Rachel Pally Caftan V-neck dress -  +Neiman Marcus photo courtesy Neiman Marcus via Elle.com A fire engine red dress!!! Always great in any woman's wardrobe if she dares to wear it! This beautiful dress is also not available in larger sizes. It goes to...

How to Wear Glitter in the Daytime

Have you ever worn sequin aka glitter?  It is pretty much a trend in fashion these days.  Glitter is worn mostly at nights and for real special and dressier occasions. But not so today curvy divas. Glitter can also be worn during the day!  I've worn glitter during the day time before and I try to make it look as understated as possible!  You don't need too much accessories when you wear glitter.  It is pretty much how you put your outfit together! On Elle.com Amanda Fitzsimons interviewed designer Marissa Webb who is known for using sequins during the daytime!  Amanda wanted to know if this look (daytime glitter) can really work? Marissa said it definitely can and thinks it is in how shine the sequinned (or glittered) garment that choose to wear is. It is not just in the size of the beadings at all! I tend to agree with her.   I don't think a really shiny sequinned garment on its own, would work for daytime. That would definitely be overkill! ...